Old 11-07-2005, 02:37 AM
Gail Futoran

"Ben Boorman" wrote

I had several in 20" pots that got drip watered daily. No troubles. I
used a special rose potting mix, Gardner & Bloome, to keep the drainage
going. When I used regular potting soil, dead dead waterlogged dead.

I agree that a good potting soil is essential.
I use a Schultz potting soil that includes
moisture beads. I've discovered recently
that watering daily isn't required, despite temps
in the high 90s F. But I do have my potted
roses placed so that they get afternoon shade,
which probably helps reduce soil drying.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8