Old 11-07-2005, 02:09 AM
Steve Harris

In article ,
(Janet Galpin) wrote:

I haven't had a failure yet with overwintering except for losing
every single seed to mice/voles one year - a very neat double row of
deep holes appeared where the seeds had been.

I had some trouble like that but noticed that although a lot of seeds
were dug out, they were left on the surface. I got it into my head that
it was birds not rodents and covered as much as I could with some 2"
steel mesh. That stopped the disturbance (where the mesh was). It seems
unlikely that rodents would have had any trouble with 2" mesh?

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/