Old 11-07-2005, 02:22 AM
ned

Jiri Borsky wrote:
ned wrote:

"Jiri Borsky" wrote in message
..
Found this cluster on outside tomato plant.

snip

http://tinypic.com/70bacg.jpg

snip

Jiri
I suspect that you have a species of shieldbug

snip

Have a look at
http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk/bugs.html#WWShieldBug
I'm sure you can see the similarity.

Ned,

thank you very much. The similarity verges on absolute. It's them

OK.
The tomato location is a puzzle - however, there are raspberries
nearby...

Resolute action tomorrow, I think. (They are not protected, are

they?)

Jiri,
Shame on you. :-))
You gardening types are all alike. :-)
No, I doubt that they are on the 'Red List' so you should be able to
spray to your heart's content. Mind you, the ones I found only stayed
by their egg cases for a day before dispersing so they may have bolted
by the time you get to them.

Go on. Be a sport. Rear some to maturity and find out what they really
are.
I'll buy you a pound of tomatoes for the sake of science.
:-))

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk