Old 11-07-2005, 01:09 PM
SVTKate

Spiders are pretty resilient.
They don't like allot of water, and will drown if you keep them too wet.

I would say now, just put it in a nicely lighted place and let it rest a
bit.
Let it dry out a little and water it sparingly. It will take awhile before
it starts to recover.

"Classon" wrote in message ...
:
: "Ronky" wrote in message
: ...
:
: I recently repotted my spider plant because I think it had root rot.
: The roots looked good - but I think the pot was too big. The leave
: continued to shrivel and turn brown and soggy. Thus - I pulled the
: root out and replanted it in a much smaller and drier pot with fresh
: soild and a dash of miracle grow. Below is a picture of the first
: repotting, the roots of the surviving plant and the new pot. What do
: you guys think based on how the roots look? Does it have a chance?
: Thanks for all the help.
:
: I read that they don't like water containing chlorine. Let the water sit
: for 24 hours before using it. Also let the soil dry before watering -
don't
: overwater. Be careful with fertilizers. Use 1/2 as much twice as often.
: Keep them out of the full summer sun. They do better in dappled shade.
: