Old 10-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Registered User

Unhappy Spider Plant - desperate for help

I recently repotted my spider plant because I think it had root rot. The roots looked good - but I think the pot was too big. The leave continued to shrivel and turn brown and soggy. Thus - I pulled the root out and replanted it in a much smaller and drier pot with fresh soild and a dash of miracle grow. Below is a picture of the first repotting, the roots of the surviving plant and the new pot. What do you guys think based on how the roots look? Does it have a chance? Thanks for all the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Spider Plant - desperate for help-img_0225.jpg   Spider Plant - desperate for help-img_0240.jpg   Spider Plant - desperate for help-img_0251.jpg
Old 11-07-2005, 04:09 AM
Classon

"Ronky" wrote in message

I recently repotted my spider plant because I think it had root rot.
The roots looked good - but I think the pot was too big. The leave
continued to shrivel and turn brown and soggy. Thus - I pulled the
root out and replanted it in a much smaller and drier pot with fresh
soild and a dash of miracle grow. Below is a picture of the first
repotting, the roots of the surviving plant and the new pot. What do
you guys think based on how the roots look? Does it have a chance?
Thanks for all the help.

I read that they don't like water containing chlorine. Let the water sit
for 24 hours before using it. Also let the soil dry before watering - don't
overwater. Be careful with fertilizers. Use 1/2 as much twice as often.
Keep them out of the full summer sun. They do better in dappled shade.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:09 PM
SVTKate

Spiders are pretty resilient.
They don't like allot of water, and will drown if you keep them too wet.

I would say now, just put it in a nicely lighted place and let it rest a
bit.
Let it dry out a little and water it sparingly. It will take awhile before
it starts to recover.

"Classon" wrote in message ...
:
: "Ronky" wrote in message