Old 10-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Pam

Default What flower is this?

The first looks like the fruit produced by a Hypericum (aka St. John's Wort) -
they tend to develop colored fruit capsules layered with the green bracts.
There are many different species of hypericum, so not positive which species
this is, but the fruits are often used in fall arrangements. Here are a couple
of links to not great pics - the best I could find.
http://www.magic-flowers.com/images/hypericum.jpg
http://www.greenerydirect.com/plantexamples/D1-P08.jpg

pam - gardengal

Donna wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to identify this plant/flower for a master gardener friend's
daughter. Anyone have any ideas? If you don't want to look at my site to
see the flower, let me know and I'll email it to you.

http://www.croakerwoods.com/flowers.html

Thanks in advance

--
Donna