Old 11-07-2005, 06:27 PM
David Bockman

(jeffrey lohn) wrote in news:jlohn-
:

We have a small gargae type building in urban NYC... and next to it is a
plot of land(part of the property) which gets a lot of sun. We're
converting the garge to resedentail/studio space and would LOVE to
landscape the empty land. (it's about 60 feet x 20 feet)... with some
trees, shrubs..bit of grass etc.
QUESTION. can you begin a landscasping project like this in late JULY...
or do we have to wait till next SPRING?

thanx for suggestions!!

If you're truly doing it by yourself, you could take the time now to
prepare the soil really well, and then plant in the fall or early spring
'06. You'll find the best selection of plant material in early spring.

Soil prep would might include solarizing and amending thoroughly, as well
as general litter pickup and hardscape improvements.

email:

http://beyondgardening.com/Albums