Old 10-11-2002, 03:45 PM
St Trinian

Default RHS Sterling Flower Spoons

Excuse me please for being off topic. Our central US museum auxiliary support
group has acquired a set of 12 flower spoons, boxed nicely and hallmarked with
four separate marks: JP, two unreadable and the British lion. The wooden box
has a small metal plaque which reads Royal Horticultural Society Flower Spoons.
We'd like very much to place them in a silent auction to benefit the museum
and have no idea what they represent. Are they a "catalogue" item, a reward
for gardening excellence, RHS membership premium, a nice gift for Gram or
something rather special? Could one of you please illuminate us and/or
perhaps, suggest a reserve price?
StT