Old 11-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Travis

jeffrey lohn wrote:
We have a small gargae type building in urban NYC... and next to it
is a plot of land(part of the property) which gets a lot of sun.
We're converting the garge to resedentail/studio space and would
LOVE to landscape the empty land. (it's about 60 feet x 20 feet)...
with some trees, shrubs..bit of grass etc.
QUESTION. can you begin a landscasping project like this in late
JULY... or do we have to wait till next SPRING?

thanx for suggestions!!

After you check the soil for contaniments you can begin amending it and
probably plant a cover crop now and again in the fall. You will have to
turn it under before it goes to seed.

I'm not familiar with the weather conditions there so I can't advise on
what plants might do well at this time of year if there are any.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5