Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Travis

Romy Beeck wrote:
I have a chance to pick up a bunch of hostas (cut offs) The guy is
selling his house and said i could cut a few off in the nexy few
weeks.It is a bad time to plant anything at this time of year
becouse its hot out. By the way i'm in wisconsin and its about 80
degrees. I went to home depo and picked up some top soil, manure
and poting soil. I like to mix these together hoping it will help
the hostas take hold easier. I heard it is not good to use the
manure. Is that true? If anyone can help me with any ideas in
planting these hostas it would make me happy. By the way hostas are
my favorite flowers. thank you for any help anyone can give me.

Composted manure is OK.

Hostas like partial to full shade.

Keep them well watered until fall.

USDA Zone 8