Old 13-07-2005, 01:03 AM
FDR

"Stubby" wrote in message

merc wrote:
All,

I live near Austin, TX and I'm currently gathering quotes from
irrigation companies in my area.

My questions a

1. Is Rainbird better than Hunter or Toro?
2. What about the vavles and brands?
3. Why do I need a backflow prevention system?
4. How far should they bury the pipes? 6 inches? 8 inches?
5. What diameter (OD and ID) pipe and brand/type pipe is considered
good? (I've read where people's pipes break so i'm concerened)

Any other things that I should look out for would be greatly
appreciated. Such as:

1. better quality brands
2. things to ask the bidding companies
3. things to watch out for such as thin pipes and other bad practices
4. any other information you feel needs to be shared.

I tried drip irrigation in my gardens using some inexpensive plastic
tubing and drippers. The quality was so poor that I just gave up. In
particular the drippers clogged and were not uniform in flow rate. Also,
the plastic parts aged quickly in the sun, resulting in cracks.

I've had good luck with Dripworks stuff.