Old 13-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Travis

Darren Garrison wrote:
I have a Viburnum plicatum that I bought in 2004. It grew from
around a single "trunk" a foot or so tall to several "trunks"
around 4 feet tall last year, but I decided that I needed to move
it because it was on a part of my property that floods to maybe 6
inches depth during heavy rain and takes days for the water to
drain away. During such a rain last week, I waded out in the calf
deep water and dug up the plant in a lump of mud, but unfortunately
I cut back the roots pretty bad in the process. When I replanted
it, the leaves started drooping badly. I cut off maybe 75% of the
leaves to cut down on the amount of water the plant needs, but the
remaining leaves still droop. One rainy morning this week, the
leaves did perk back up, but later in the day they began to droop
again, so I know that, at least then, it wasn't dead yet. I've
been keeping the plant watered, and as I've said, I removed around
75% of the leaves, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I
can do to try to help the plant survive. Should I cut back the
"trunks" by a couple of feet?

Keep it watered but don't drown it again. I will probably make it.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5