Old 13-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Rupert

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote
in message ...
We have some topiary trees - some large yews in our new garden. Not sure I
really like them, certainly at least one is rather too big in it's
position, but I don't feel able to just get rid at the moment, haven't
been trimmed yet this year and so are now in need of it (last owner said
he managed with 1 trim at about the end of June)

You can see a photo (taken early May) of a couple he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83014812@N00/25563643/

THe 'stepped' one at the back is the one that is really to big. It has
grown to wide and overhangs a lot of the path.

The others (3) are either simpler in shape or smaller.

So

1. Suggestions for best thing to use for this.

2. Best way to access the larger trees.

3. Can they be cut back into the older wood at all? - to reduce the size.

Any other advice on topiary as it's all new to me?
--
Chris French

I don't particularly like topiary but in your case I will make an exception.
They look excellent--I would remodel the offending one or move the path