Old 11-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Orchid ID - Help required

Hi All,

I received an orchid for my birthday the other month - with the most
useless set of care instructions ever! (and it came from M&S!). I've since
seen another for sale - but I was not able to stop and make any enquires
at the time I saw it, but despite a long image search on google the other
night, I've failed to put a proper name to this plant, and hence can not
determine its care requirements.

The orchid is commonly sold at florists from what I can find out. It has
thick green oval leaves, say in the 4 - 6 inch long range which would
proably shiny in a dull way if I dusted it! It has a long narrow stem to
the flowers, which are pure white with 5 petals, yellow markings on the
centre bottom petal. This orchid also has ariel roots which try to eacape
the pot.

TIA for any suggestions.

Sarah