Old 13-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:28:39 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Humphreys"
wrote:

How can I get rid of this monster that is trying to take over my whole
garden, spreading from a single clump in just three years? I was naively
ignorant, when I put it in, that it was intent on world domination!! Digging
it out seems futile, with such a fine-grained root system.

Help, please!!

Graham Humphreys

Heard advice on this only yesterday at a talk. Just cut the whole
plant back as the flowers begin to fade, so it cannot self seed.
Digging oput unwanted plants after the cutting back should avoid the
need for weedkiller. However, in my overcrowded garden mine has been
choked out. I shall need to bring more in from my allotment.

Pam in Bristol