Old 13-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Katra

In article . com,
"TEX-EX" wrote:

I was reading online about a variety of edible cactus (Opuntia
ficus-indica, cultivar 1308) that is spineless. It was developed at
Texas A&M University @ Kingsville, or so I read.

Anyone know where (or if) this type can be purchased? Alternatively,
know of any other edible cacti that are totally spineless (including
glochids)?

Thanks,

Jarrad

The nursery "It's About Thyme" in Austin has them, and I have one
growing here. :-)

I could callus off a couple of pads for you if you want to try cutting
propagation.

It's basically a spineless prickly pear.

Cheers!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada