Old 13-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Sarah Dale

cashlessbond wrote:
Hi there, I have recently (8-9 weeks) planted 14 Laurel plants at the
front of my garden. They have been doing very nicely, apart from an
awful lot of ants over them. recently though I have now noticed that
lots of the elaves are showing signs of something eating them. Even the
new leaves coming through have curled up brown tindged edges to them.
What can this be? any ideas please. I am new to gardening so please any

If you have lots of ants this can be a sign of things being too dry.New
leaves going brown can also be a sign of dryness. Have you been watering
your new hedge?

Sarah