Old 10-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Registered User

Unhappy Problem with New Laurel Hedge

Hi there, I have recently (8-9 weeks) planted 14 Laurel plants at the front of my garden. They have been doing very nicely, apart from an awful lot of ants over them. recently though I have now noticed that lots of the elaves are showing signs of something eating them. Even the new leaves coming through have curled up brown tindged edges to them. What can this be? any ideas please. I am new to gardening so please any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashlessbond
Hi there, I have recently (8-9 weeks) planted 14 Laurel plants at the front of my garden. They have been doing very nicely, apart from an awful lot of ants over them. recently though I have now noticed that lots of the elaves are showing signs of something eating them. Even the new leaves coming through have curled up brown tindged edges to them. What can this be? any ideas please. I am new to gardening so please any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Bump for the evening
Old 12-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashlessbond
Bump for the evening
Come on Guys! some one must be bale to hekp me
Old 12-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashlessbond
Come on Guys! some one must be bale to hekp me
thats what you get for not checking your typing. Please someone advise me before my laurel hedges die on me
Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Kay

In article , cashlessbond
writes

cashlessbond Wrote:
Come on Guys! some one must be bale to hekp me

thats what you get for not checking your typing. Please someone advise
me before my laurel hedges die on me

I've no idea what the problem is, but it is very difficult to kill
laurel.
--
Kay

Old 13-07-2005, 11:29 AM
pb

In article , cashlessbond.1s2ow0
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

cashlessbond Wrote:
Bump for the evening

Come on Guys! some one must be bale to hekp me

Someone has to say it, Could it be because its not Hardy?

I'll get me coat.
Old 13-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Registered User

Smile

Luv it, very funny.

Not to worry anyway as I have had an anwser on the subject from Reg Moule (Radio Gloucstershire gardening expert).

Thanks for making me laugh anyway.
Old 13-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Sarah Dale

cashlessbond wrote:
Hi there, I have recently (8-9 weeks) planted 14 Laurel plants at the
front of my garden. They have been doing very nicely, apart from an
awful lot of ants over them. recently though I have now noticed that
lots of the elaves are showing signs of something eating them. Even the
new leaves coming through have curled up brown tindged edges to them.
What can this be? any ideas please. I am new to gardening so please any

If you have lots of ants this can be a sign of things being too dry.New
leaves going brown can also be a sign of dryness. Have you been watering
your new hedge?

Sarah
Old 13-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Dale
cashlessbond wrote:
Hi there, I have recently (8-9 weeks) planted 14 Laurel plants at the
front of my garden. They have been doing very nicely, apart from an
awful lot of ants over them. recently though I have now noticed that
lots of the elaves are showing signs of something eating them. Even the
new leaves coming through have curled up brown tindged edges to them.
What can this be? any ideas please. I am new to gardening so please any

If you have lots of ants this can be a sign of things being too dry.New
leaves going brown can also be a sign of dryness. Have you been watering
your new hedge?

Sarah
Yeah, have been watering them regularly. According to Reg Moule I have what are called 'Scale Insects' and also maybe a Potash shortage so going to treat them to some rose food and spray with Bio Provado Ultimate Bug Killer.