Old 13-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Frank Knight

Same here, I've used up to 80-90 weight IN THE SUMMER with 8 cylinder STP in
it back in the 70's, this in wore out but still running $10/$15 rental
machines I bought from Taylor rental where I worked at the time, got years
more from them without the oil clouds or a rebuild.
"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Mark H." wrote:
I've a 20+ year old LawnBoy that's losing compression, burning oil.
Anything to be done for it, or let it slip away quietly?

Use a little bit thicker oil, till it finally dies. (don't owe ya
anything?)

My thoughts exactly. I have some 20-50 and I've also used that real
thick
stuff made bt STP (and others) just for that purpose.