Old 12-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Mark H.

Default lawnmower compression problem

I've a 20+ year old LawnBoy that's losing compression, burning oil.
Anything to be done for it, or let it slip away quietly?

Old 12-07-2005, 06:08 PM
G Henslee

Mark H. wrote:
I've a 20+ year old LawnBoy that's losing compression, burning oil.
Anything to be done for it, or let it slip away quietly?

Quietly? Put a bullet in that old dog.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Steveo

"Mark H." wrote:
I've a 20+ year old LawnBoy that's losing compression, burning oil.
Anything to be done for it, or let it slip away quietly?

Use a little bit thicker oil, till it finally dies. (don't owe ya
anything?)
Old 13-07-2005, 02:55 PM
G Henslee

Steveo wrote:
"Mark H." wrote:

I've a 20+ year old LawnBoy that's losing compression, burning oil.
Anything to be done for it, or let it slip away quietly?

Use a little bit thicker oil, till it finally dies. (don't owe ya
anything?)

You must have experience in rest homes.

Old 13-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Srgnt Billko

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Mark H." wrote:
I've a 20+ year old LawnBoy that's losing compression, burning oil.
Anything to be done for it, or let it slip away quietly?

Use a little bit thicker oil, till it finally dies. (don't owe ya
anything?)

My thoughts exactly. I have some 20-50 and I've also used that real thick
stuff made bt STP (and others) just for that purpose.

Old 13-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Steveo

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Mark H." wrote:
I've a 20+ year old LawnBoy that's losing compression, burning oil.
Anything to be done for it, or let it slip away quietly?

Use a little bit thicker oil, till it finally dies. (don't owe ya
anything?)

My thoughts exactly. I have some 20-50 and I've also used that real
thick stuff made bt STP (and others) just for that purpose.

Good olé motor honey.
Old 13-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Frank Knight

Same here, I've used up to 80-90 weight IN THE SUMMER with 8 cylinder STP in
it back in the 70's, this in wore out but still running $10/$15 rental
machines I bought from Taylor rental where I worked at the time, got years
more from them without the oil clouds or a rebuild.