Old 12-11-2002, 09:12 AM
PaulK

Default 'New' landscape style - website suggestions?

"Vera Gade" wrote in message
In article , "Tricia Weston"
wrote:

Hej - perhaps "The Dream Park" created by Piet Oudolf is something to

look in at
http://www.enkoping.se/parks/
-Experience the parks of Enkoping, Sweden - English text
Vera

The location of this park reminds me that at a talk on the New Perennial
Planting Style I went to some time ago, it was emphasised that it originated
on the Continent where they have - surprise surprise - a continental
climate! So what I thought?, as you may be as you read! The point being made
was that they have very cold winters where all growth shuts down - we on the
otherhand have much milder winters with occasional warm periods in which
ephemeral weeds such as chick weed can do their worst. Hence,
weeding/maintenance can be much more of a problem in our climate.

Not that this should put anyone off, but whereas in Westparc (Sp) and the
other main examples, the style is low maintenance it is not so here.

pk