Old 14-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Kay

In article , Tom Atkinson thomas@tho
masatkinson.wanadoo.co.uk writes
My buddleia is in full flower BUT NO butterflies. Anyone else have this
experience ?

There are far fewer butterflies around now than 40 years ago. And round
here, this year doesn't seem to be particularly good for butterflies so
far - whether it's the wet or the cold I don't know.

Also, not all buddleias are attractive to butterflies - the nearer you
are to the pale purple that grows on wasteground, the better.

Finally, it's not much use expecting butterflies to flock to your
buddleia unless they're already in the area - which means you or your
neighbours need to grow a succession of flowers attractive to
butterflies, and also the food plants for their caterpillars.
--
Kay