Old 14-07-2005, 11:11 PM
p.k.

Nel wrote:
Are the prices in B&Q etc realistic for top soil? I want to try to
level my lawn but based on the prices, it's going to cost me a small
fortune!! Is there places that sell it in larger quantities at more
reasonable prices (and what kind of price do you consider
reasonable)??
TIA

There will be loads of places close to you that sell bulk topsoil - but most
will sell rubbish that is quite unsuitable for the lawn levelllinf you want
to do.

You want a fine textured screene loam (is the same as in the B&Q bags)

Try chatting up a local (quality) landsacper as to his suppliers or if the
budget stretches http://www.rolawn.co.uk/productDetail.asp?productID=4 is
just about as good as you will get anywhere.

pk