Old 15-07-2005, 02:57 PM

K Barrett wrote:
And a second thought, Pterostylis are available here... We've awarded a few
at the pac Central region. I'd start at the species vendors like Andy's
orchids and J&L or just a google search for the Pterostylis species you
want.

About 8 years ago, Andy's orchids offered Pterostylis curta and P.
nutans. I bought their P. curta. Unfortunately, this Spring I left
them a bit too moist, and they have sprouted prematurely. I'm not sure
if they will survive the summer heat in active growth, as they usually
grow in winter when my greenhouse is significantly cooler.

Some place called Burnt Bridge Creek Nursery offered a variety of
Aussie Terrestials a couple of years ago, but they seem to have
vanished from the web.

I imported dormant tubers from Nesbitt's in Australia once, but the
plants did not survive the shock of changing the seasons. A flask
might be better, becuase you could wait and crack it open in Autumn.

Nick