Old 15-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Sacha

On 15/7/05 11:55, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

Does anyone have any feasible suggestions for storing flower pots in
such a way that they look fairly orderly or tidy? Are there commercial
storage systems for them or ways to put them on shelves etc without
piling them up inside each other?
I have loads of pots. probably about several hundred which are of
varying sizes and a few different shapes. I've tried putting them on
concrete piled in little columns, tried laying them on their side etc
but would love to buy or build something that you could store them in
yet be able to get at each size if you wanted.

How do large gardens/nurseries do it?

We just pile them up in different open-topped wooden containers, according
to size but we've probably got more space than domestic gardens to have
several wooden 'skips' up by the oil tank. When new pots are supplied they
come in long mesh 'stockings'. If you can get hold of something of that
sort, it might help your problem. But the wooden containers wouldn't be
difficult for anyone to make if they're reasonably handy with a hammer!
Then the pots are stacked together and lie on their sides.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk