Old 15-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Sue

"Tom Atkinson" wrote
My buddleia is in full flower BUT NO butterflies. Anyone else have this
experience ?

Yes. Walked by two purple buddlejas basking in the sun in full flower the
other day and was disappointed to see nothing but one one tortoiseshell. My
pink one (forget the name) is butterfly bereft as well.

There are several little brown ones in the wild garden and I've had the odd
red admiral and tortoiseshell and one fleeting glimpse of what I thought
was a comma up by the house in the last few days. But definitely sparser
numbers than there used to be. Even the cabbage whites seem few and far
between so far.

--
Sue