Old 16-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Will James

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
I am thinking of just using my old PVC liner (which actually has another

old
butyl liner under it) as underlay for my new butyl liner- would this be

OK?
The pond is at the moment quite dirty, would there be any risk that any
beasties left in the old liner would try to burrow through the butyl-

i.e.
would it be necessary to take out the old liner, clean it, then replace

it?
Thanks,
Will

Hmmm, interesting question. I always assumed it would be okay as long as

it
was cleaned well, no small rocks or sharp snails shells left behind. Will
be interesting to see what others think. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Thanks for replies, the old liner does have quite a bit of gravel and shells
etc. so maybe I'll have to take the whole thing out and wash it over. There
is something in the pond that looks like a pink/reddish leech it kind of
squashes very small then stretches to swim ...a leech or, something else???

Cheers,

Will