Old 14-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Will James

Default old liner OK as underlay?

I am thinking of just using my old PVC liner (which actually has another old
butyl liner under it) as underlay for my new butyl liner- would this be OK?
The pond is at the moment quite dirty, would there be any risk that any
beasties left in the old liner would try to burrow through the butyl- i.e.
would it be necessary to take out the old liner, clean it, then replace it?

Thanks,

Will

Old 14-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Will James" wrote in message
I am thinking of just using my old PVC liner (which actually has another

old
butyl liner under it) as underlay for my new butyl liner- would this be

OK?
The pond is at the moment quite dirty, would there be any risk that any
beasties left in the old liner would try to burrow through the butyl- i.e.
would it be necessary to take out the old liner, clean it, then replace

it?
============================
I would just make sure no small stones or other debris were on the old
liner, then place the new one right over it.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 14-07-2005, 10:16 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

I am thinking of just using my old PVC liner (which actually has another old
butyl liner under it) as underlay for my new butyl liner- would this be OK?
The pond is at the moment quite dirty, would there be any risk that any
beasties left in the old liner would try to burrow through the butyl- i.e.
would it be necessary to take out the old liner, clean it, then replace it?
Thanks,
Will

Hmmm, interesting question. I always assumed it would be okay as long as it
was cleaned well, no small rocks or sharp snails shells left behind. Will
be interesting to see what others think. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 16-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Will James

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
I am thinking of just using my old PVC liner (which actually has another

old
butyl liner under it) as underlay for my new butyl liner- would this be

OK?
The pond is at the moment quite dirty, would there be any risk that any
beasties left in the old liner would try to burrow through the butyl-

i.e.
would it be necessary to take out the old liner, clean it, then replace

it?
Thanks,
Will

Hmmm, interesting question. I always assumed it would be okay as long as

it
was cleaned well, no small rocks or sharp snails shells left behind. Will
be interesting to see what others think. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Thanks for replies, the old liner does have quite a bit of gravel and shells
etc. so maybe I'll have to take the whole thing out and wash it over. There
is something in the pond that looks like a pink/reddish leech it kind of
squashes very small then stretches to swim ...a leech or, something else???

Cheers,

Will

Old 16-07-2005, 06:10 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Thanks for replies, the old liner does have quite a bit of gravel and shells
etc. so maybe I'll have to take the whole thing out and wash it over. There
is something in the pond that looks like a pink/reddish leech it kind of
squashes very small then stretches to swim ...a leech or, something else???
Cheers,
Will

Hi Will, I have no idea, but you might want to put this under a different
subject line, so someone who might know doesn't miss it. ) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 17-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Hal

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:10:35 -0700, ~ janj JJsPond.us
wrote:

Thanks for replies, the old liner does have quite a bit of gravel and shells
etc. so maybe I'll have to take the whole thing out and wash it over. There
is something in the pond that looks like a pink/reddish leech it kind of
squashes very small then stretches to swim ...a leech or, something else???
Cheers,
Will

Hi Will, I have no idea, but you might want to put this under a different
subject line, so someone who might know doesn't miss it. ) ~ jan

There are 650 different varieties of leeches in the world and many are
simply fish food. Some will try to eat you, but mostly live on dead
things and you can easily pick them off if they attach to you. I
wouldn't worry about them.

Regards,

Hal
Old 18-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Will James

wrote:

[...]

Thanks Hal, I was a little concerned they may harm the fish but from what
you say they are OK I transferred a few to the beastie bath!

Cheers, Will