Old 16-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Mark Anderson

In article says...
Another one you might try is a flowering tobacco (Nicotiana sylvestris)
- Annual - Zone 8-11. It grows to 5 feet tall with large leaves at the
base and white pedulous flowers each up to 9 inches - smells great in
the evening and self seeds (every where!) Photo:
http://tinyurl.com/8jtdn
(Top-center, pale green leaves/white flowers - holding it's own beside
the cleome.)

If your friends have one - get some seeds for next year.

I had wanted to grow some tobacco plants this year but didn't get around
to ordering seeds. I'm in Zone 5 Chicago but in the summer can an
annual really tell the difference between zone 5 and zone 9? I really
wish nurseries around here would carry some of these exotic annuals
(well tobacco isn't that exotic or uncommon but it is around here).