Old 16-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Ted

"PeterL" wrote in message
Hello

I am sorry to trouble you but I cannot find an answer to this online so am
going to the experts.

I have a thriving Yucca Tree in my garden and I would love to take
cuttings
from it but do not know how to.

Any advice or links to relevant sites would be much appreciated.

PeterL
Website http://leach01.co.uk
Banopticon 2005 http://drwhoni.co.uk
Masonic http://tl169.co.uk
Jordanstown Schools http://jord.org.uk
RMS Majestic History http://rmsmajestic.co.uk

we have 'taken' many babies from our Yucca............only its not so much a
cutting more a young tuba growth that appears around the base of mother
plant growing from her roots.

we dig as deep as possible and cut them from the root then pot them up.

we have 4 youngsters growing at the moment ranging from 100mm to 300mm high.

the mother plant is about 1.7 metres high and comprises 4 or 5 thick trunks.

she flowers once a year only this year they were rather small.

http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co.uk/DSCN0002.JPG

pictured last year.

dj