Old 16-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Phil L

Ted wrote:
:: "PeterL" wrote in message
:: ...
::: Hello
:::
::: I am sorry to trouble you but I cannot find an answer to this online so
::: am going to the experts.
:::
::: I have a thriving Yucca Tree in my garden and I would love to take
::: cuttings
::: from it but do not know how to.
:::
::: Any advice or links to relevant sites would be much appreciated.
:::
::: PeterL
::: ============================================
::: Website http://leach01.co.uk
::: Banopticon 2005 http://drwhoni.co.uk
::: Masonic http://tl169.co.uk
::: Jordanstown Schools http://jord.org.uk
::: RMS Majestic History http://rmsmajestic.co.uk
:::
:::
::
:: we have 'taken' many babies from our Yucca............only its not so
:: much a cutting more a young tuba growth that appears around the base of
:: mother plant growing from her roots.
::
:: we dig as deep as possible and cut them from the root then pot them up.
::
:: we have 4 youngsters growing at the moment ranging from 100mm to 300mm
:: high.
::
:: the mother plant is about 1.7 metres high and comprises 4 or 5 thick
:: trunks.
::
:: she flowers once a year only this year they were rather small.
::
:: http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co.uk/DSCN0002.JPG
::
:: pictured last year.
::

Mine;s exactly the same as that, but it's 2m high at the leaves, the flowers
go another metre higher (5 of them this year)...I 'tended' to it last year
and snapped off all the unwanted shoots from the bottom and slung them on
the compost, 3 weeks later they were still alive so I potted a few up, these
are now 2ft high and living in somone elses garden, I did a few more last
week and only leave about 2 inches of brown at the base and they grow very
easily.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.