Old 13-11-2002, 06:30 PM
Bevan Price

Default Boggy Grass

"MissionMan" wrote in message
Greetings..

I am very new to gardening and to be precise I have not long moved to a
house with a garden. I have noticed that during the Autumn and Winter when
it rains, and boy does it rain, there is one area of lawn and flower bed
that gets really boggy and water logged.

Please can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of this boggy area?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,

Mission Man

Move house ? If you are in an area that regularly floods, there may be
nothing that works successfully unless you have loads of money. Otherwise,
try improving drainage by simpler methods - is the soil clay or sandy ?
Quite probably clay, which can be improved by adding organic material but it
can take a long time for clay soil to become more porous.

Is the lawn full of moss and dead grass? Removing both and spiking the lawn
with a fork can improve drainage, but you may have to repeat this regularly,
several times a year.

Bevan