Old 17-07-2005, 03:02 PM
enigma

"nonews" wrote in
:

Thompson & Morgan sells the seed of the Castor Bean plant
(Ricinus communis). It is considered a half-hardy annual.
Once you grow it you can harvest your own seeds. The plant
and its seeds are considered poisonous. Do not grow it
where children may be attracted to the large seeds.

what does that have to do with maypops? did your threads get
crossed?
lee

"Ron P" wrote in message
I have this planted on my mail box in NE North Carolina and
it loves it there. I found mine at a high end nursery that
buys unusual varieties of plants. I have a question though.
Is the fruit on these edible? After flowering the bud
starts to become a seed pod or fruit. Any one have any
clues??

Thanks!!
Pam

"Keith Warren" wrote in message
Sorry Bill, Don't know where to buy them locally. I have
several on my property in the NE corner of GA. If your
ever this way give me a jingle and
we'll see if we can get you some cuttings or perhaps a
transplant or two started.

Keith

"Bill Oliver" wrote in message

Maypops (passiflora incarnata) grows wild around here,
though the only places I have seen it have been in
National or State Parks, so I can't harvest some. I
would like to try it out on a trellis I have here, but
can't seem to find a local nursery that carries them.

Does anybody know of a good place to buy them?

Thanks,
billo

--
war is peace