Old 17-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Bill Stock

Default The BS Algae (Pond) report for July 17th

The Algae is doing fine. Two Water Lilies in bloom today (I only have
two), one pink and one white. I really have to divide these things next
year. The Water Hyacinths are turning brown at the water line and dying off.
I added four Water Lettuce yesterday and the "Ron ring" today, although
there is currently no danger of the plants crowding out the feeding areas. I
added the usual Iron/Potassium/Magnesium supplements again today. I also
added 5 PPM of Nitrates for the first time to jump start the WH. I expect
the Algae to take off in the short term, but I really have to get the
surface covered to starve the Algae of light. I suspect the Algae is
starving the WH of nutrients (roots covered in Algae).