Old 17-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Peggy O'Grady

It may be tomato blight rather than Fusarium Wilt. Check at your local
garden center for a remedy. If you don't want to try to salvage the plants,
just wait for the tomatoes to ripen and enjoy them. Next year, plant tomato
varieties that are resistant to wilts and diseases. Look for varieties
marked VFN for full protection. Also, plant your tomatoes in a different
area of your garden. Plant rotation can really help prevent some of these
diseases.
"vms" wrote in message news:fsZBe.94$N91.79@trnddc08...
I have about eight tomato plants with lots of green tomatoes hanging off
them. But over past two weeks, most of their leaves are turning yellow with
dark spots on them. These yellow leaves eventually dry out. This is
spreading from bottom up and seems to resemble Fusarium Wilt disease from
what I have read. I was not able to find any remedy though.

I have about given up on the plants. Don't see much of a point spraying
something for this few a plants. As a last resort, I thought I would run
the problem by you folks.

If I cannot salvage the plants, I welcome suggestions for what I can do
with the 20 or more green tomatoes.

Thanks.

\vms