Old 17-07-2005, 08:59 PM
ned

"stevek" wrote in message
Rhiannon Macfie Miller wrote:

stevek wrote:
Hi people...

Does anyone know where I can buy a decent hand scythe to help me

clear a
rather overgrown area in my garden. (From a UK shop or online).

I'm not
looking for one of those giant "grim reaper" one!!! Just a small

one to
help me clear a small area with poor access. Thanks for your

help...

Isn't that a sickle?

Google gives me, amongst others:

http://www.gardentoolsforallseasons.com
and

http://www.fine-tools.com/garten.htm

Is this the sort of thing you were wanting?

Rhiannon

Just what I was looking for Rhiannon.

Thanks for your help

Steve

Just before you rush out and buy one, make sure that it has a fair bit
of weight in the blade. Wife bought a light weight one, 'suited to her
physique', and it is a complete waste of time. You need the weight to
assist with the follow through action. Also get one with a cranked
handle if at all possible.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk