Old 17-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Road Trip!

Hello, Fellow Orchid Users, er, Growers......

Yesterday Frank & I did something unusual; we took a bus trip with a bunch
of local Society members, down to Homestead. Normally, we like to set our
own schedule and pace, but we had friends going, and it was a good time.
Here's a list of our most recent acquisitions.

From Carib:

Ascda. Indigo (this had a $10 price tag on it! Who could leave it behind?)
C. Hawaiian Variable (Penny Kuroda x guttata) with 6 blooms from one
sheath - smells heavenly
Blc. Waianae Leopard 'Ching Hua' with 5 blooms, opening as we speak

From RF:

Phal. Bonica - this has four spikes of lovely, lightly tesselated yellow to
pink flowers
Renantanda Hew Mun 'Flambeau' (Ren. storlel [sp?] x V. denisoniana) in
spike - this is a great red

From Redland Orchids:

C. gaskeliana 'Blue Dragon' CBM/AOS x Lc. (L. purpurata x Lc. Egerland) -
What does CBM stand for, judges?
L. purpurata v. werkhauseri x L. purpurata 'Blue Lyre'
Blc. Hauserman's Jade 'Addison - this is smaller than I would have liked,
but Frank wanted it. Of course, he doesn't grow them....

And, to put icing on the proverbial cake, we won two plants on the trip
home. The only two Paphs to be raffled, and we got 'em both. Us, the Paph
killers! Now I need to get this right. No more premature Paph deaths. They

P. Blood Clot x Hampshire Raven
P. Hampshire Raven x Jolly Roger

Will try to get pix tomorrow, if sisters Drizzella and Anastasia do not
drive me completely mad first. Chaos coming in tomorrow for a few hours! LOL

Diana