Old 18-07-2005, 03:52 AM
Bill Stock

"Koitoy" wrote in message

Sounds like you had a good time puttering around the pond. It is a nice
way to spend part of the weekend isn't it. Here is a link about algea
that I found very interesting. Hope you find it as interesting. Happy
ponding.

http://tinyurl.com/bxq3c

--
Koitoy

Thanks.

I see you rained on my light parade. I can't say this surprises me, as
the Algae grows on the WH roots, where there is next to no light. Although
it does much better at the edges of the pond, where there is much more
light. My Nitrates consistently test at zero, which is good for the fish,
but bad for the plants. Phosphate was somewhere around two the last time I
checked. So I plan to keep the Nitrates around 5 PPM to keep the floating
plants healthy and make Phosphate the limiting nutrient. At least if I get
the surface covered with plants I won't be able to see the Algae anymore .

I have Hair Algae BTW, not floating Algae.