Old 14-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Boggy Grass

"Victoria wrote in message
I was going to say the same. If the situation is not otherwise
unfavourable, work with nature not against it, this is an opportunity
to grow plants different to the rest of the garden.

Problem is that an area that's boggy in the winter may well be bone dry,
cracked and hard, in the summer. My last garden was all like that :-(
(Mind you, it grew fantastic rhubarb: I think rhubarb must like a winter
soak.)

As Missionman is new to gardening and has just moved in, I suggest he

keeps
an eye on how things change next season before getting in the bog plants.

Good point. It would need to be wet all year round and nobody knows yet what
it's like in the summer.

--
Bob
http://www.pooleygreengrowers.org.uk/ about an allotment site