Old 18-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Warren

paghat wrote:
Do they bloom more than once?

They bloom through a long season (all summer at least) then as bienniels
are done with life.

Mine started to bloom about a week or two ago. They usually keep their
blooms until fall, with some surviving until winter.

The first year I cut-down some dead stalks, but haven't since. Those same
stalks that were there four years ago are blooming now, as well as new
stalks growing off the same root mass just below the surface. There are only
a couple of stalks that are growing off of their own root masses that
weren't here four years ago.

At first I was a little disappointed that they weren't acting like
biennials. I had plans for the area they were planted. But I've changed my
mind, and I'm working around them now. I'd feel funny about killing-off
something that's supposed to be a biennial, but has been blooming for at
least four years now.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/