Old 18-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Rob

Tippi wrote:
While repotting my mom's Lc., I broke off the tip of one of the new
growths. The plant responded by putting out 4 new growths - two just
below the break, 1 in the previous pseudobulb and 1 in the one before
that. If all 4 are allowed to mature, would it really sap the plant of
energy and affect the quantity and quality of flowers? (When we first
got it the plant gave 4 flowers per growth, now it's up to 12+.) Should
we reduce it to say two? TIA

No. I don't think new growth ever saps the energy of a plant.
Flowering will. New growth is what gives the plant energy. If you
want, you could allow all four growths to mature, and remove the spikes
from two.

I'd probably let it be. Four new growths is a really good thing. Don't
discourage that kind of behavior.

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com