Old 19-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Robin

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
For those of you in places in-land yet still affected by
Hurricanes.... My
son is in mid-TX, how much rain/wind do you think they'll
get if Emily hits
TX's central coast line?

Anyone on here have to worry about that, live close to the
coast line?
Where is Brett Rowley's fish farm? ~jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

I haven't studied it much, since there is finally one not
headed my way. I had Ivan last year, and have been touched
by Arlene, Cindy and Dennis so far this year.

It looks to be a pretty small storm, not to be confused
with a weak storm of course. Dennis came is just east of
the AL/FL line at 120MPH. I am only about 50 miles away,
just on the west side of Mobile Bay (about 2 blocks
actually.) Dennis barely bent my banana trees here. Winds
here topped out barely above tropical storm, which is not
worse than many summer storms.

You have to look at the maps that show how far out the
different wind speeds go, and compare that to the forecast
path and the cone of error.

One of my favorite sites during the hurricane season is
flhurricanes.com. If you check out the forums section you
can learn alot from the meteorologists and hobbyist
discussions.

Robin
http://community.webshots.com/user/robinandtami