Old 19-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Rodney Pont

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:15:18 -0700, ~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:

Is there a natural oil in the Mag-Drive pumps? I have a Supreme 500 that I
got last year and I just found a small slick (covering about 1/5th of the
pond, sort of contained by the lily pads). Everything seems to be working
fine. Water temp 82F. ~ jan

I've never come across a mag-drive pump that contained oil. The
impeller is usually the only moving part and that can be water
lubricated.

Our old lily pads release an oil slick when they rot if we aren't quick
enough to get them out. Could it be that?

--
Regards - Rodney Pont