Old 14-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default OT Chestnuts.

"Peter wrote in message ...
I apologise for using the gardening NG for this but am unsure where
else I could do so. Does anyone know of a mail order supplier of
good, fresh as possible, English Chestnuts? My local shop only
supplies Spanish and they taste horrible! I live on the Isle of Wight
and mature trees are few and far between!

Even the biggest ones I've picked up in Windsor Great Park are still smaller
than those in the shops, perhaps that's why you can't find any for sale.
Still edible though.

--
Bob
http://www.pooleygreengrowers.org.uk/ about an allotment site