Old 19-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Susan Erickson

On 18 Jul 2005 06:38:09 -0700, "Tippi" wrote:

While repotting my mom's Lc., I broke off the tip of one of the new
growths. The plant responded by putting out 4 new growths - two just
below the break, 1 in the previous pseudobulb and 1 in the one before
that. If all 4 are allowed to mature, would it really sap the plant of
energy and affect the quantity and quality of flowers? (When we first
got it the plant gave 4 flowers per growth, now it's up to 12+.) Should
we reduce it to say two? TIA

No this will not sap the strength. This is the source of new
roots and new strength. Just make sure you keep the light and
the food coming. This should give you the opportunity to have an
outstanding display if all four are getting a good share of the
light and time their blooming together. Or an exceptionally long
bloom if they decide to do it sequentially.

There is joy after disaster. Enjoy.
SuE