Old 19-07-2005, 02:57 PM
dt

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:

For those of you in places in-land yet still affected by Hurricanes.... My
son is in mid-TX, how much rain/wind do you think they'll get if Emily hits
TX's central coast line?

Thanks everyone. I wasn't worried, just wanted to give them a heads up, as
I know the weather isn't the first thing on their minds.

Whereabouts in mid-TX? I'm in Austin.

They're in Copperas Cove, he's stationed at Ft. Hood.

They'll be fine, then. At least, weatherwise. This time. ;-)

Just tell your son the one rule that a lot of people forget:
DON'T drive into the water!

He's already been out in a heavy downpour watching all the "idiots" on the
road. I asked, are you driving and talking on the cell phone in this
downpour? "Yes." Well, well...? He claims the wider wheels on his BMW grip
better, to which I said, that doesn't stop the other guy from running into
you does it? s ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

A little paranoia (and full attention) when driving is highly
recommended, especially during rain. Between the people
who're afraid to drive over 20mph, and the ones who think they can still
drive 80, it's best to just stay home. ;-)

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/