Old 19-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Jim Scott

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:20:46 +0100, stevek wrote:

Hi people...

Does anyone know where I can buy a decent hand scythe to help me clear a
rather overgrown area in my garden. (From a UK shop or online). I'm not
looking for one of those giant "grim reaper" one!!! Just a small one to
help me clear a small area with poor access. Thanks for your help...

Steve K

A grass hook is what you want for that job as here
http://www.dealclick.co.uk/product/1...-sickle-RZ.php
You cut with the blade using your wrist a lot. A stout stick is a must for
lifting the grass and protecting your ankles.
A sickle with a curved blade will be more expensive and although it will do
the job it is designed for jobs where chopping is involved eg layering
hedges.
--
Jim
Tyneside UK