Old 19-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Lots and lots of beetles this year. Local stores are out of the
insecticides. Is there anything "home grown" that I can spray on my trees?

Local lawn services can spray your trees. I have 3 lindens that the
beetles attack. They sprayed them for $45. The commercial spray
lasts about a month, depending on rain (of which we have none), which
is long enough to cover the beetles' cycle.

The over-the-counter stuff only lasts about a week, and has to be
re-applied.

Whatever you do, DON'T get those stupid Bag-a-Bug things. They will
attract beeltes from miles around. I can't believe there are still
people who don't get that.