Old 19-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Jim Lewis

Tekmanx wrote:
I'm VERY new to this hobby and have a few cuttings/seed growing right
now. Thing is, I'm moving back home to the Bahamas in about two months
when I'm done with school here in Florida. Has anyone had problems
carrying their Bonsai plant through the airport? Will they tell me I
can't carry it through then dump my Bonsai in a waste bin? No!!! Let me
know if you guys have any experience with this. I'll wrap the roots of
these trees in cloth with soil if I have to, or better yet, let me know
if you guys have a better method of transport other than the cloth n'
soil thing I just mentioned.

It's not that simple.

You need to check with the government of the Bahamas. There
often are many complex, complicated, and convoluted (and
sometimes expensive) steps needed to get the permit to bring
plants into a country (sometimes, even, a state) where they
are not native -- or were not propagated.

Assuming from many of your messages the state of your
plants, I'd suggest that it isn't worth the money or effort
or time that would be required to get the necessary import
permits. Chalk what you have done (and learned) about
plants here down to experience, plant your little plants in
a yard somewhere, and start again when you are home.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++