Old 20-07-2005, 02:40 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Peter Breed" wrote in message
I recently spotted a three 1 inch gold shubumkins and several other gold
fish fry, in my pond. I guess these are product of my comets and
shubumkins springtime activity.
Anyway I was wondering about the best way of giving the little guys a
good start in life and was considering buying an aquarium, where I have
more control over their conditions and they can't be eaten by the
parents etc.
Is this a sensible idea or am I being too sentimental?
Peter

========================
At the size of 1" it's not likely the parents will eat them. Make sure the
parents are well fed. Also, the more you save the more you will need to
find homes for later on. Not all pet shops will take plain old goldfish.
In some areas too many people are trying to give them away. Fortunately I
am able to sell all my pretty fish. Most years this hobby is self
supporting. I give the culls away to people with stock ponds as I live in a
rural area.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b